The main jump-off point to the beautiful Calamianes Islands is Busuanga Airport (USU), also known as Francisco B. Reyes Airport. The latter is a short ride from Coron Town; there’s no traffic so you won’t even notice time passing by.
For those who have a bit more time and would love to travel slower, you can take the boat to Coron. In recent years, more and more shipping lines ply the route from Manila, Puerto Princesa or El Nido to Coron.
Manila to Coron
Flying is the fastest and most convenient way to get to Coron. Major airlines such as Cebu Pacific Air, Philippine Airlines (PAL), and Skyjet have regular flights from Manila to Busuanga.
Our mock bookings display different airfares from the airlines that ply this route, book as early as possible to get the lowest priced flight tickets:
- Skyjet has the lowest fares if you fail to book early enough.
- Cebu Pacific offers a lot of promotional fares for Coron. The airline is the ideal choice for those who plan in advance. Wait for their seat sales to have a better chance of getting roundtrip flights for less than P2000 (flights only) or P2400 (with baggage).
- Philippine Airlines has competitive prices as well. PAL has some travel periods that are cheaper than their low-cost competitors.
Year-round one way tickets are approximately P3,600-P3,800. If you want to book within the month and are leaving during peak seasons, expect to pay around P5,000-P5,600 per way.
Puerto Princesa to Coron
2Go Travel operates ships from Puerto Princesa to Coron, departing Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:59 PM and arrives in the afternoon the next day.
Here are the fees depending on accommodation type.
El Nido to Coron
Montenegro Fastcraft also operates Coron-El Nido (and vice versa) routes, which reduces the trip time to just around four hours. Check fares and schedules below.
Busuanga Airport to Coron Town
As soon as you leave the airport, many tours and van operators will ask if you want tours and/or the name of your hotel. You’ll have plenty of options when it comes to transport to get to the town proper.
- Travel time: can take up to 40 minutes
- Fare: P150/person
- Private Van Rental: P1500
The scenic drive will make you forget the time and before you know it, you’ll be just outside your accommodation.